Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! We had a fun one. And a wet one. It has been raining here for a couple of days. But luckily we weren't affected by the tornado that hit St. Louis Friday night, so we can't complain about a little water.

Since it has been so wet, our Easter egg hunt was indoors this year. For some reason, we don't really play up the whole Easter bunny thing. I'm not sure why. I have no problem getting behind Santa, but guess I don't really see how the Easter bunny fits in with the Resurrection of Christ. But that's just us. I think it is mainly because my family didn't really play up the Easter bunny when I was younger. Tyler and I were talking about this the other day, we follow his childhood traditions of Christmas more, and my childhood traditions of Easter more. Funny how that works out.

Anyway, we always had our egg hunts on Saturday, so that Sunday can be more of a focus on Christ. Here are the big boys with all their loot.



(Isaac did ask about the Easter bunny, after we had our hunt in which he knew Mom and Dad had hid the eggs. I told him the Easter bunny left us the candy, but we hid it. That satisfied him!)


The only way I can get Luke and Isaac to sit for pictures is if I let them do silly faces too. But it works like a charm to actually get some cute ones out of them too. And most of the time the silly ones are just as cute as the normal ones. And the silly ones are probably more normal for them than the "normal" ones.

Silly and cute Luke...






Silly and cute Isaac...





Cute, cute Andrew!



This is why I need a new camera--a nice one. I don't like using the flash indoors, but when I don't use the flash, and he moves, I get a blurry picture. But it is too cute not to include. Someday I will have a nice camera!


I love him so much!

And all three together...





Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day and were able to remember the miracle of Christ's Atonement and Resurrection!

No comments: