We have wonderful news! Last Friday a birth mother contacted us. She had seen our profile on Parent Profiles and emailed us. We have sent many emails back and forth and she has talked to our caseworker. She is from GA so the caseworker from GA is supposed to be getting in touch with her today. Things seem very promising! With adoption, nothing is really final until placement, but we are excited and our caseworker is excited! The birth mother seems like such an amazing person! When we first decided to adopt, I knew I would have no problem loving the baby that comes to our home. What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of emotion I feel toward the birth mother! And I haven't even met her yet! She told us that she has thought a lot about this, that she feels very good about us and that any child would be lucky to come to our home. In her first email she said that the reason she is making this choice if out of love for her baby. It really is hard to describe all we are feeling right now, but we are extremely grateful for her, the gift she is giving us, and to Heavenly Father for answering our prayers and for helping us (esp. me) through the trial.
She is due the 3rd week in November. She actually hasn't had an ultrasound yet. She lives in the middle of nowhere. Literally. We looked on MapQuest! And apparently doctors travel to the nearest big(ish) city to do regular checkups for the people in the surrounding area, but for anything bigger, she has to go almost on hour and a half away. But she is scheduling one and invited Tyler and I to go out to meet her and to be there for is. So we are going to Georgia!
We have been wanting another child for three years now, and now that it is happening, it seems to be happening so fast! So, we have a lot to do, we need a van, a new car seat, and we also have to reschedule our Disney trip. We are now going to got either the last week in Jan. or the first week in Feb. That way the baby will be 2 months old instead of 3 weeks old! But we don't mind at all and are looking forward to our first trip with our new addition!
Thanks for all your prayers and support!
9 comments:
We are excited! Can't wait to watch the boys and be grandparents for the third time. We love you all tons!
Congrats!
SO happy for you! You all definitely deserve this little miracle.
Love you guys!
So excited for you! Even if would make life easier if it was due a week or two later ;)
Wow! How exciting. With pregnancy you get nine months to prepare, this does seem sudden even though you have been waiting so long. Our prayers are with you that everything will go smoothly for everyone involved!
So exciting! I hope everything continues to go smooth for you guys!
Oh my gosh, Jen! This is so exciting to read! I really hope everything works out and that you get to hold your new baby in your arms come November. Lots of continued prayers for you guys.
Awesome Jen!!! That is so exciting. I am to look at your blog hoping to read news like that!!! :) Congrats.
Post a Comment