Monday, November 30, 2009

We're one of the crazy ones...plus I'm Thankful

Well, we made it back from Ohio! We had a great time there, relaxing, watching football, being with family, and eating yummy food! I didn't get any pictures of the actual meal, I'm always forgetting to do that! But, it was yummy! Tyler and I joined the ranks of the truly crazy Black Friday shoppers this year. We have always done the 5am thing, which makes us crazy to some, but this year, we wanted a laptop. And to get those you need to take extreme measures. Don't worry, we didn't trample anyone or anything like that! We started the night/morning whatever it was at Toys R Us. They opened at midnight. There were some crazy people there, we heard someone threw a punch but didn't see it so it might have been a rumor. But we got everything we wanted and didn't run into any crazies there. We were out of there at about 12:40. Then we headed to Walmart for a $200 laptop. The Walmart we went to first had already passed out tickets and the laptops were already gone, at one in the morning. So we went to another Walmart. They hadn't passed out tickets yet, but there was a bunch of people there crowded around. Tyler stayed there to see if he could get a ticket, and I went next door to Sam's Club where they also had a $200 laptop. It was about 2 am by the time I got there. I was the 3rd car there. Luckily we were all sitting on our cars since it was raining. That lasted until about 3:30, then more people came and started getting in line. Everyone there was very nice and the first car that had gotten there had kept track of who came in what order and that was the order we got in line. So I got a ticket. Tyler didn't get a ticket. It was crazy were he was! I was talking to him on the phone while we waited and could hear the people and I was really worried he was going to get trampled! But, we got our $200 laptop. We also got a new camcorder for $119, but we didn't have to get in line for that, we ordered it online. But those were the only big things we wanted, so we were happy! And we got most of the stuff for the boys, I only have a couple more smaller things and we are DONE! We got home at 6am and slept for a few hours, then relaxed on the couch for the rest of the next 2 days watching football and dozing. And we got to see an awesome BYU game where they beat the Utes in overtime! The kids had a blast playing with Grandma and Papa while we recuperated! But the lack of sleep definitely caught up with me. I also hadn't slept well for most of the week since Isaac kept waking me up 4-5 times a night, plus we drove during the night and got to Ohio late. All this lack of sleep is why I am sick now!

We also went out Friday night to a little town near my in-laws that was turning on lights. They had Frosty and Rudolf passing out hats and huge candy canes, free cocoa and cookies, and Santa on a sleigh. It was cute and fun. The kids esp. liked the huge candy canes.

Waiting for Santa.

Isaac liked the glow bracelet they got and kept showing it in every picture.

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

By the tree with Grandma and Papa. There's that bracelet again.

We had a great time in Ohio. The boys cried when we left, they wanted to stay with Grandma and Papa. And they knew we had a LONG drive ahead of us!

Oh, and here are a few of the many things I am thankful for.
Tyler, his support, love and comfort.
My boys, they make me so happy and really are about the cutest boys on the planet.
That our adoption paper work=100% d.o.n.e! Hopefully our profile will be up soon and a baby can come to our home quickly!
The gospel, for giving me guidance in life and as a mother, and for the comfort it brings.
My Savior. I love this time of year and hope we can all remember the true reason for the season.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like it was lots of fun!!! I love you guys!

Kellie said...

Glad the craziness paid off!

Kim said...

Oh...my...gosh! Your new family pictures are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom Box said...

I glad that you had a great time! I love you guys--Dad Box

Robin Erickson said...

We are so thankful that you came for Thanksgiving! I love the new family pictures!!!!!!!!! They are so cute!