We really enjoyed our surprise visit from Grandma and Papa Box. Here are some highlights of what we did.
Went out to eat. Here we are at The Boathouse in Forest Park. I really liked it, mostly for the ambiance.
Went to the zoo. I have been to the zoo countless times (since it is free!) but it is still one of my favorite things to do. And this time was especially cool. We saw the Rhino, which honestly in all the times I've been there, I've never really seen him, usually just his backside as he is hiding in the rocks. But this time, he was actually running around! We also got to see the hippos come put of the water and they were making really loud noises, which was cool. But my favorite part was when we were looking at the gorilla's. One of them was sitting right up next to the window and we were watching him for about 10 minutes when all of a sudden the other gorillas started to come over and the one we had been watching jumped up and slammed on the glass right in front of us! It was cool! Sure glad that glass was there though!
My Mom also made me a really cute skirt. I wish I had inherited her sewing skills. That is one crafty area that I am not to good at! I love how she had the measuring tape tied around her glasses! Love you Mom and Dad! Thanks for visiting!

This weekend we enjoyed unseasonably warm weather. I guess it is just making up for the incredibly wet and cold Oct. we had. So we took advantage of the warmth and raked leaves. Just like visiting the pumpkin patch, I love the photos shoot of playing in the leaves!
We also are nearing end of soccer season! Luke and Isaac both played this year, but in different leagues. Isaac wasn't old enough to play in Luke's league. Tyler was Luke's coach again. This was the first game I was able to go to for Luke. I had been to a few practices, but as soon at the games started, that is when the boys games started to overlap. Luke esp. likes to play goalie. This game he had 2 or 3 saves and only let one in! Good job Luke! He has said however that he likes T-ball better.

Isaac is a little more aggressive by nature, so that helps in soccer. As I said on the Halloween post, he scored a goal this year. During the first bit of the season, he was kind of getting frustrated because there is one little boy on the team that's faster than the others and Isaac was upset that he couldn't keep up. And he was a little caught up at first about how the other kids weren't "sharing" or "giving him a turn." So we had to explain that soccer isn't a game about sharing, you just have to go get the ball. All those lessons about sharing and taking turns must have sunk in a little, but now we have to tell him the opposite!
But they both enjoyed soccer overall and it sure is fun to see them play!













4 comments:
You have such nice parents! What a fun surprise.
I want to see a picture of your skirt! I wish I had inherited my mom's sewing abilities too!
I can't wait to see the shirt! How fun!
I love those soccer pictures! Looks like you had lots of fun with Mom and Dad. Wish I could have been there too! Love you guys!
P.S. After reading our cousin Lindsey's blog (the post after the announcement of Heidi and Jeff's baby boy), I think the lack of sewing skills must run in this generation of our family ;)
Post a Comment