So, I was pretty frustrated today when Luke came home with his second note of the week on his behavior calendar saying that he was screaming loudly in the bathroom. He got one on Monday, and then again today. He wrote a note to his teacher apologizing and lost privileges, but then today he was screaming again. So, he was receiving a major lecture about behavior at school, and following directions, and how he already knew that it was wrong, etc. Well, throughout the whole lecture I was trying to get him to tell me why he was screaming. At first I just assumed that he was screaming because it sounds "cool" and echo-y in the bathroom. But finally he told me why. He and his friend Zane pretend that the "potties you just go pee in are traps and when we flush a weed comes out and tries to trap us." Well, I hurried and finished my lecture by telling him that next time he needs to tell Zane that they can't play that game in the bathroom anymore because it is against the rules and makes them get in trouble. Then I hurried to my bedroom and just started laughing! I'm glad I was able to keep a straight face with Luke, because obviously I don't want him to think that it is okay, but at the same time, I'm kind of glad that's the reason, an active imagination, instead of just disobedience. I think I am going to write his teacher a little note explaining why and suggest that Luke and Zane not be allowed to go to the bathroom together. (In case she hasn't already come to the same conclusion, because I'm sure, as an experienced teacher, she has.) Anyway, it sure was good for a laugh!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe I should spend more time asking kids "why?" instead of just assuming they are trying to be bad. Cute story. Good thing you recorded it.
I've seen some school toilets where that could probably really happen.
Kellie, you are hilarious.
Jennifer, that is really a cute story. Sometimes it's so hard not to laugh at stuff like.
This story of Luke is hilarious! What an imagination! What a cutie!
Post a Comment