Saturday, January 31, 2009

Missing the curls

So, we took Isaac to get a haircut yesterday.  I have been trying to hold it off until my Mom gets here (only 10 more days!) but it was beyond need of a haircut and just getting pretty desperate. It was getting so long that his curls weren't very curly. So, I took him in to the place we usually go, told them what we wanted and got this. 



That was not at all what I said.  I said to give him a trim, keeping all the hair about the same length, but slightly shorter on the bottom and sides, and that he has curly hair and we still wanted the curls to show.  Notice, there are no curls showing! At all! He looks like a completely different kid! Yes, of course I still think he is very cute, but I miss his signature curls! I know they will grow back, and quickly considering how fast his hair grows. But it is a good thing that I have to delay getting his birthday picture until after we get back from the wedding, because I want his curls back before I have them taken! 


And here is Luke with his temple that he built this morning! I love it when he does stuff like this! It encourages me to know that he really is listening at Primary and during FHE even though sometimes it feels like he isn't! 

3 comments:

Susan said...

he looks completely different! mali needs a trim, too, but i don't want to lose her curl, either!

Kim said...

I just emailed you about Isaac's birthday pictures. He does look different without the curls but like you said, still cute. I am glad hair grows back because it seems like 9 times out 10, hair dressers always cut it too short. Cute Luke with his temple made me cry :) You have such sweet boys. I'm sure glad they're my nephews. Love you guys.

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Like everyone said, his hair will grow back! They're still stinkin' cute kids! We're excited to see you! Kids are so sweet with the things that they say!