Sunday, January 11, 2009

Roller Coaster

Well, we have BIG news! Tyler got a job offer on Friday!! YAY!! It was with BJC, which for those of you who don't live around here, that is a health care company. He will be consulting with all of the hospitals in the St. Louis area under BJC to streamline processes and reduce costs etc.  He is very excited about the position. It is a step in the direction to what he would like to do after getting his MBA.  They also pay for his training and certification to become a black belt in Six Sigma.  I don't really know that that is, but it is something that a lot of companies look for and is expensive to get, so another plus.  Also he will not have to drive to work on I-270, which has some of the worst traffic in St. Louis, so he'll have a shorter commute and his new office is closer to school. All good things! I am very proud of him.  This was the first company he interviewed with, and he is just so wonderful that they had to have him.  He has been working so hard looking for a job and networking and it has paid off! His unfailing faith and optimism have been a huge blessing to our family. Thank you so much to all of you who have been offering prayers on our behalf.  We appreciate it more that we can say.  This good news came at a great time for me personally.  This has been a roller coaster past couple of weeks from me.  I'll start off by saying that I am STILL not pregnant.  But this month was harder than other months. First of all, I was late, later that I have ever been.  So, of course my hopes were up. Then I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  Hopes come crashing down.  But then I didn't start for another 5 days! So as much as I tried not to, my hopes were back up again.  I mean those tests are only like 98% effective, right? So maybe it was wrong and I really was pregnant.  And by now I was 10 days late. 10 days people!  That is super late! But then Friday morning the evidence of no pregnancy came, and hopes went crashing back down again. So Friday was a very emotional day for me going from feeling the heartbreak, frustration, and disappointment of not being pregnant (for the second time that week) to the excitement and joy of Tyler getting a job offer.  Going through infertility has probably been the hardest thing I have ever gone though.  Way harder than losing a job. With the job loss, I knew he would get another job, and I knew that we would be able to take care of ourselves until then. But with this unexplained infertility, I don't know what will happen. I don't know when or if I will be able to get pregnant again or if we will need to adopt.  I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, but I sometimes get so frustrated with not understanding that plan. I don't understand why I haven't been able to get pregnant, when I have already had 2 kids.  But I do know that this family is not complete, that there are more kids waiting to come to our home.  And I am going to do everything I can to get them here, and trust Heavenly Father that he will do the rest.

5 comments:

Karma said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I am so happy to hear the good news. Without the stress of all this, maybe you will get pregnant soon. :)

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Did you see the really cute pic I posted of your fam yesterday? Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys! Things are looking up...and you hear it all the time, but things always happen for a reason...just keep the faith! We all LOVE you!

Susan said...

whew! what a week! we're so happy for you guys on the job front. now we'll shift our fast and prayers to the fertility front, so hopefully you'll get some good news there, too!

Mom Box said...

You just needed to have insurance for your pregancy--now you will have it so you will become pregnant--I have faith! I have an order in for twin granddaughters!:)

Kim said...

I love you guys!