Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sweet Luke

Today Luke asked if he could bear his testimony.  It is the first time he has asked to do that.  Before we went up, I asked him what he wanted to say and he said, "Jesus loves me all the time. I love my family. I like to read the scriptures. I know the Church is true." Pretty sweet.  Of course, when we got up there I asked him if he remembered what he was going to say, and he says, "nuh-uh." So, I got to help him.  It was a pretty sweet experience.  I am grateful for his example, grateful I know what to teach him so he can be happy and make good choices, and again, happy to have some evidence that he is listening when we teach him! 

My sweet, cute Luke. I was so proud of him today! 

As for my other child, he is almost three, still sucking his thumb, and resisting all of our attempts to break him of it.  Today at church, I told him that big boys don't suck their thumbs and that he is almost three years old, so that means he is a really big boy and isn't a baby anymore, and he replied, "I'm a little bit a baby!" His "babyness" is kind of like selective hearing, he will be a baby if it meets his needs, but most of the time he is pretty adamant that he is a big boy. Just not when it comes to sucking his thumb!

 

I miss those curls! I have discovered it still curls a little, but nothing like it used too. 

2 comments:

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

There is something special about those little children bearing their testimonies! It's no wonder that Jesus teaches us to become like little children! You are such a good mom...they have a pretty great dad too!

Kim said...

I love you Jen!