Monday, November 4, 2013

International Balloon Festival

About a month ago Tyler and I took a little trip together.  Gotta love frequent flyer miles and hotel points.  Only thing that was nice about having Tyler travel back and forth from St. Louis to Utah for 6 months.  
Our first stop was the International Balloon Festival in Albuquerque.  It was AMAZING!  It is the most photographed event in the world.  And I believe it! I took about 1800 pics in 2 days.  Not even joking.  You just can help yourself. Don't worry, I didn't post all 1800 of them.  And as cool as I think some of my pictures are, they don't even do it justice.  
My hubby as a little bit of a balloon fetish.  He loves them.  He's even priced how much it would cost to get one.  Keep dreaming babe. :) 
Anyway, there were three main events we went to, the Balloon Glow, the Twilight Twinkle, and Mass Ascension.  The Balloon Glow is when they count down and all the balloons fire up together. It looks amazing. I actually think the balloon glow they have in St. Louis is a little better than this one was.  Mainly because this one was much bigger so some of the balloonist couldn't hear the count down to know when to fire up their balloons.  And they didn't count down as often. It was still cool though. The Twilight Twinkle was amazing. I actually didn't get many pics of this one cuz I was just starting up at the sky.  That one is similar to the Glow except they actually take off in their balloons before the sun is up, so there are just tons of balloons up in the sky twinkling.  The few pics I got aren't nearly as cool.  The Mass Ascension was awesome too.  Over 500 balloons take off in about 2 hours time.  And you get to be right on the field with them.  Balloons are flying right over your head and the sky is just full of them.  Totally one of the coolest things I been able to do.
So, I'll let the pictures to the rest of the talking.  Just imagine it 100 times more amazing than the pictures are.












































That barely even scratches the surface of all the pics I took.  You're welcome for not boring you with them all.  But it was amazing.  If you ever get the chance to go, do it!

No comments: