I have always wanted to me a mother. That's all I really wanted to do when I grew up. Things haven't gone the way I thought they would in regards to my motherhood, but I am so grateful for my three boys and the very special way they've come into our family. I have had the incredible blessing of bearing and adopting children, and I can tell you there is absolutely NO difference in the amount of love I have for them. I am their mother and was always meant to be. There is one difference with adoption though and that is that when I think of Andrew, I also think of his birth mother and a whole new section of my heart, that I didn't even know was there, is filled with love. And it is awesome. It is something that I wish I could convey to everyone, how much LOVE there is in adoption.
We are hoping to adopt again. And soon. We still feel like there are more children meant to come to our home. But, I do feel different that I did when we were hoping to adopt before. Then I was so frantic for a baby. I don't know if it is more faith, or more experience, but this time I feel more peaceful. Things worked out just the way they were meant to with Andrew and I know they will again. That doesn't mean that I don't feel twinges of jealousy when I find out someone is expecting, or that my arms aren't aching for another sweet little baby.
But I am so grateful for this little boy for helping to heal my heart and for adding so much love and faith in my life.
And for these boys for making me a mother in the first place and for the blessing it was to bear them.
I really am one blessed Mama!


2 comments:
All three have the same smile!
I like your hair in that pic of you and the boys. It looks darker. You sure are pretty!
Post a Comment