Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Which house? This house...

Well, we have a house.  Almost.  Since the houses we put offers on are short sales, we had to wait for bank approval. And the bank has approved. So, unless something crazy happens this will be our new home...



The Farmington House.  While we did like things about both houses, we like this one more.  We don't have a closing date yet, but it should be sometime in the last week or two of May.  We are pretty excited.

I do feel like a crazy person sometimes though, because I am so excited and so sad about the exact same thing.  I mean, of course I am excited to be moving back to Utah and being closer to most of our families.  And I am SO TIRED of having a husband that just comes home to visit for the weekend. I really want to actually live on the same state that Tyler works in. And I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm excited to have a bigger house too.  :)

But I am REALLY going to miss St. Louis.  We've lived here for 6 1/2 of our 9 1/2 years of marriage.  This is our first house. I am going to miss my gym, my grocery store, the free zoo, and the Cardinals.  But most of all I am going to REALLY REALLY miss my friends.  And today I went to book group and I have been having fun this week making projects with my friend Kellie, and sometimes I start feeling very pessimistic and just sure that I won't have any friends in Utah. But that's not true.  I am sure I will. And thanks to Facebook I will still be able to keep in touch with everyone here. :) Friends are friends no matter where you live.  

But I will really miss them

2 comments:

Kellie said...

We'll miss you, too!

Tera said...

Some of us (me!) are super excited you are moving to Utah! And I love the new house. Good luck with all the ensuing craziness!!!