Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Boys

My boys have done some things lately that I want to remember...so that means I need to blog about it.

First, Luke. He has been trying to be a missionary lately and has been writing notes and talking to our neighbors about Church. One Sunday he sat and listened to all of the talks during Sacrament meeting and wrote the words that he thought were important. His notes were filled with words like love, Jesus, family, temple, hug, scriptures, and faith. He wrote them every time he heard them, so each word was written about 15 times each. He also wrote a note saying all the things that he likes about Church, including singing which surprised me because he has never seemed to like singing time very much! Then at the end of the the note he wrote, PS Jesus Christ is real. It makes me so happy to see his testimony growing.

Isaac has also made me proud of him lately. He was named the Student of the Month in November. His teacher said some very nice things about him like: Isaac is an eager learner and responsible student, he often has insightful comments, (I wish I could hear some of them!) he is well liked by the other students and the teachers, Isaac is always cheerful, patient and polite. He was also selected for further testing in the school gifted program. I've always known all my boys are smart, but with Isaac I think the contributing factor to him being selected is the care and effort he puts into his work. He wants to do his best and works hard to do it.

And Andrew. He is just so cute. He is learning and growing so fast! He says a few words now, way sooner than my other 2. Whenever he drops something he says, Uh Oh. So. dang. cute. He is such a smart boy too. He has started to sort his toys into categories and I can see his reasoning behind it. He LOVES to be read to and has 2 books that he will bring to me several times a day to read to him. If you start singing a song that a specific toy plays, he will go get that toy. He loves pushing buttons and has done things to my phone that I don't know how to do.

Now my kids aren't perfect for sure. Luke has figured out how to force himself to burp. Lovely. And Isaac thinks potty words are far to humorous for my liking...I am not talking about 4 letter potty words BTW, but words describing what you do in the bathroom. Andrew is still pretty close to perfect, but he is hanging on to his bottle more tenaciously that I would like. But overall, I have some pretty great kids. I am definitely grateful for them and all they are teaching me.

2 comments:

Mom Box said...

I miss you guys so much...can't wait until Jan 11th!!!

Kim said...

I love these boys! Thanks for letting me be a part of their lives. :)