Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mixed Emotions

It is with mixed emotions that we announce that Tyler has a new job. Starting December 12th he will start working with Accretive Health, a health care consulting company. They recently signed a contract with Intermountain Health Care in Utah, which means we will be moving to Utah. We are excited about this job, the opportunity that it is for Tyler's career, and that we will be able to live closer to most of our family. We are sad to be leaving this area that we have grown to love and many friends that we love even more.

Things with this job have happened very quickly. Tyler has been casually looking for a job for the past year, ever since he finished his MBA. But he has mainly been focusing on jobs in this area. This job isn't even one he specifically applied for. He sent his resume over to this company awhile ago, and at the time, they didn't have any positions available. Then, as they signed this contract with Intermountain, they were interviewing BYU grads on campus and the recruiter Tyler had sent his resume over to decided to check to see if she had any resumes from BYU grads. She found Tyler's, which she had bookmarked because she had been impressed with it when she got it. He interviewed in Chicago where their main offices are and he received a final offer on Friday. The company will commute him to Utah and back Monday-Friday until our house sells. That will be no fun, but it will give us time to hopefully get our house sold.

I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the past week. I was excited to tell my family and see their reactions. Then yesterday I told my wonderful and closest friend here, and cried most of the day. We have lived here for 6 of the 9 years of our marriage. We have so many roots here. When we moved here 6 years ago we knew no one, and were far from our families. But our friends here have become like our family. We have gone through some of our hardest trials here, like Tyler losing his job and our struggle with infertility. My friends here understand why I might not join in on pregnancy conversations without me having to explain why. When we adopted Andrew we were so blessed to have several friends we could call on to leave our kids with at a minutes notice. They shared with us in our joy of Andrew's arrival because they had also shared with us our pain of infertility. It will be so hard to leave them. I know we will make new friends, but they won't have gone with us though these trials.

But we have gone to the temple, prayed hard about it, and know this is what Heavenly Father wants our family to be doing. And we do feel so blessed to be able to live near family again and to have close relationships with them. We feel so blessed that Tyler has been able to find such a good job that will bless our family.

It's just a little bittersweet.

4 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Holy Cow! Congratulations for you guys...SAD for the rest of us. You will be SO, SO missed! I'm glad we have at least a little bit longer with you guys.

Kim said...

I can certainly understand the mixed emotions! You have some amazing friends. In my 6 (almost 7!) trips out there, I was always so impressed by them. And really thankful for them too because they've been a great support for you guys. I love you!

Tera said...

Jump back! This is SO exciting...I don't even know what to say! I am so glad you are going to live closer. Good luck with all the craziness with selling and moving.

Stephanie said...

I kind of know how your feel, we weren't really looking for jobs in Utah either, but KNOW this is where we are suppose to be. We will have to get together when you get out here. It has been way too many years. Good luck with the move, and selling of your home