I was noticing that I've posted a lot about Isaac lately, but not as much about just Luke. I think that is mostly because I am with Isaac more since Luke is at school all day, but here is a bit about what my oldest has been up to.
We finally taught him to ride a two wheel bike. He kinda learned a week or two ago, but then Dad started school again and didn't get a chance to go outside to help him. Whenever I tried to help him, he would say I didn't do it as well as Daddy. Which I do not doubt! But finally today we took them to the Church parking lot, were it is nice and flat and the road isn't filled with pot holes like our road. And he's got it now! He doesn't need any help at all!
His teacher said he is doing really well in school and is quite the reader. And he really is a great reader. He LOVES to read, just like his mom. I hope he continues to like it! But it is so fun listening to him read and sound things out. He is really good at sounding things out and phonetically spelling things like in this next picture.
He also really like to count. Right now he is really into counting by tens. He will just say all of a sudden, I want to count by tens. And off he will go. He can count to a thousand by tens! It keeps him and Isaac both entertained in the car!
The other day he said the cutest thing. He said, I know why Heavenly Father made the earth round and not square. Because if your house was on an edge it would fall off. So right buddy!
He also decided that on Saturday and Sunday he is going to sleep in until 8:10, instead of 7:00 like on school days. So he can have more energy to play with Daddy. Sounds like a good plan to me! Let's see if it actually happens...
So, there is what he's been up to! I didn't mean to neglect you on this blog Buddy!
5 comments:
I sure love that kid! I can't WAIT until May!!!!!
I love your craft blog but nothing beats seeing Luke and Isaac!!!
Yay for flat church parking lots!
It's so nice to know that kids actually play outside! Good for you! Old school...
Look at that smile! He is having so much fun on his bike. Seeing him gave my heart a little tweak because he is growing up so fast! What a smart boy. I love my grandboys sooooo much! And their momma and daddy too!
Post a Comment