Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Conversations and Confessions

So I've had an interesting conversation with Luke the other day. Out of the blue he asks, "When is Joesph Smith going to be in heaven?" I told him that he already is. Then he asks, "But you said he was in the box at Nauvoo." (meaning the grave that is there.) So I explained that when we die our spirits go to heaven and are bodies are buried and that our spirits are what make our bodies move. So he thought that meant that in heaven our spirits wouldn't be able to move, which caused some confusion, but I think we got it straightened out! But then we got to talk about being resurrected and having our spirits and bodies come back together, because of what Jesus did for us. It was one of those little teaching moments that gave me an opportunity to bear my testimony to him. It was nice to see him thinking about the gospel. I love seeing his little testimony grow bigger. And he really is growing more mature everyday. He still has his little meltdowns from time to time, but he really is growing up. Right now his big thing is wanting to do things before he is asked. So he has been making his bed and getting dressed before coming out of his room. If I every happen to ask him to do something before he gets to it, he will say, "But I wanted to do it before you asked!" So I will pretend that I didn't ask and he will go do it. He does like that he can earn a warm fuzzy for doing that, but if he is going to make his bed and brush his teeth without being asked, I am happy to give him a warm fuzzy!

Now here are my confessions. First, I love Wheat Thins. I usually just buy the generic brand of everything, and can't taste a difference, expect in Wheat Thins. The knock off brand just doesn't compare. But Isaac also loves Wheat Thins. He can eat an entire box from Sam's Club in less than a week, by himself. So I started buying the generic kind for him, and the real stuff for me. I hide it in my craft room. He doesn't seem to notice a difference! I think that its a "Mommy privilege" to be able to hide the good stuff for yourself, kind of like having a candy stash, or eating cake for breakfast!

Now my other confession, I still have a pile of Christmas stuff, that I just kept finding in random places, in the corner of my room that I need to put away. And yes, I realize it is Jan 27th! Does anyone else still have Christmas that still needs to be stored or is it just me?

2 comments:

Mom Box said...

I don't have any Christmas stuff out (I know because I just finished de-junking my ENTIRE house) but I have had and still have my own private stash of stuff just for momma! Give a warm fuzzy hug to both boys for us!

Kim said...

Mom just didn't realize that we knew where most of her stashes were hidden ;) No Christmas stuff left out in my apartment but last year I had a snowman picture hanging above our front door until the end of April/beginning of May. I joked with Janae that I should probably just leave it up since we were half way to winter again anyway. :) Love you guys! The warm fuzzy idea is a great one - - did that stem from President Monson's talk?