Thursday, October 6, 2011

This just makes me sick

I heard this story on the radio today. It made me so furious and sad. It is about a mother of three that tried to sell her newborn son for 15,000 dollars so she could take her other children to Disney World. This made me mad for several reasons, but the main reason it infuriated me is because I feel like it mocks the real pain, unselfishness, and unconditional love of birth mothers. When I think of Andrew's birth mother, and the reasons why she placed Andrew for adoption, it wasn't because she didn't want him or wanted to gain something out of it. It was because she loves Andrew. So much. And she wanted him to have things that she couldn't give him. It was a completely love filled and unselfish choice for her to make. It makes me want to go give Andrew's birth mother a big hug and tell her how amazing I think she is.

No comments: