Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow Day(s)

So, we are on our 5th snow day in 2 weeks...our 3rd one in a row. We have been trying to fill them up with fun things! Here is what we have done so far...

Had a picnic in the living room...in our pj's...

played with our toys...still in our pjs...

made and played with play dough...still in our pjs...

did some school work...still in our pjs...there were some days we didn't get dressed at all..

made some super capes...finally a day we got dressed!


...played in the snow of course!


did a lot of puzzles...

pretended the couches were cars...

and that we were driving to Utah...

made this cute baby smile...


and humored Mom by posing for pictures. Snow makes for really good indoor lighting...
I think I got some really cute ones. These are my favorite.


Isaac's smile is like that in every single picture I took!

Here is how Luke felt about taking pictures! :)

Andrew was the easiest one to photograph...he is such a happy baby!
I was so sad this one turned out blurry, but I still have to post it...look at the smile!

Luke told me he thinks Andrew is the cutest baby in the whole world...I have to agree! All my kids are cute!

He is so cute I couldn't just pick one favorite...

He likes to stick his tongue out...can you tell? :)


So there's how we spent our snow days!

And now I have to hop on my soapbox for a second about snow days. In the past five years that we have lived here I have almost gotten used to the way they cancel school for 2 days for every snow fall. And I do get that they aren't as equipped to handle the snow here, they are a lot more hills, we also get ice storms etc. etc. But there are some things that just bug me...Like how they will open the school for all day Character Kids Club (the after school program), but not school. The whole "we will open the school up to babysit your kids but not teach them" just bugs me. And the other day our Parents as Teachers teacher made a comment that irritated me. She said she hopes we get a few more snow days so we don't have to make any of them up. Because Missouri has this ridiculous policy that if you miss a certain number of days, 9 I believe, you don't have to make ANY of them. I do not agree this that policy at all! Now I don't want to go to school clear into June either, but this year, with our last scheduled day of school being May 13, there is PLENTY of time to make up the missed days and still get out before Memorial Day. At least require a minimum amount of days to be made up! Call me crazy, but I think our kids need to go to school! And I am sure there are plenty of people who disagree with me, and think the policy is fine and would rather just get out of school early. But that's okay, I'm entitled to my opinion and you can have yours. Stepping down now. :)

Anyway, we have had fun on our snow days...but I think the novelty has worn off a bit.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have a great idea! Let's make Luke and Isaac's pretend-ings a reality! Hop in that luxurious van of yours and drive to Utah ;)

All of those boys are way too sweet and handsome! Love you guys!

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

Jen, I completely agree with what you said about the snow day thing. It is ridiculous that they cancel school so much, and it's even crazier what that teacher said about hoping they wouldn't have to make up any snow days (or whatever she said).