Monday, November 1, 2010
Sealed or sacrificed
The other day I was talking to Luke and Isaac about when we get to go to the temple to have Andrew sealed to us. Isaac asked if he was going to be sealed to, or if another Isaac would be. I was a little confused, but I just told him he would be. He didn't say anything for a few minutes, but then he said, "Mommy I'm scared." I asked him what he was scared of, and he said, "To be sacrificed." I quickly reassured him he would not be sacrificed, and reminded him what sealing was. I was impressed that he had remembered the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac, but he obviously confused the meaning of sacrifice and sealing! When I told Tyler about it, he said that when he was little he was afraid of being resurrected because he mixed up the meaning of resurrect and crucify. Never a dull moment with kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Laughed my head off! Silly boy! I always got Abraham mixed up with Abraham Lincoln and the Stake house with a steak house...neither not very scary.
Awwwww, such a sweet boy. It reminds of a story (not sure if it is mormon folklore or not but it was published in the Friend here http://new.lds.org/friend/1974/02/loving-friends?lang=eng) where a brother thought he was going to die giving blood to his sister but he was willing to do it anyway. I think there was an old seminary video about it too. Love you!
Post a Comment