Sunday, October 17, 2010

There's no place like home!

It is so good to be home! We got home late Thursday night. It felt like Christmas morning the day we got here. I've never been so excited to be home. I was missing my two big boys like CRAZY and I am pretty sure they missed me like crazy too. :) It's been super busy since I've gotten home, mot only with the new baby things, but also with the unpacking, catching up on three weeks worth of mail, and a million other little things, but I wouldn't change anything. I feel so blessed, grateful for my family, and grateful I can finally say that I am grateful for the trials we've been through. It that is what had to happen to get this precious baby boy to our family, it was so worth it.

Leaving the hospital! For coming at 34 weeks it is pretty amazing he was only in the NICU for one week.

I had gotten him one of those bouncy type chairs, thinking he could just sleep in that since my pack and play was still in MO. But he was too little for it. So I made him a bed in the laundry basket. Do you think I've scarred him for life? :)

I was stuck in GA for a week while all the inter-state paper work went through and was delayed due to a state furlough in GA. SO I pretty much just held Andrew and took pictures of him. I've got about a hundred pictures of him that looks pretty much just like this one. But he is just so cute!

When we found out the GA state offices were closed for the weekend Tyler, the boys and my parents came to visit us. They boys were so excited to meet Andrew. They kept saying, "He is so cute, I just want to keep looking at him!" They will be awesome big brothers.


We took the boys down by the river for a hike. It was so good to see them. That is by far the longest I have been away from them!




For the last half of my stay I was able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. It was a huge blessings, saving us lots of money! They boys thought it was pretty cool that they got to stay at Ronald's House! :)

Four become five!

Finally home. Luke loves holding his baby brother!

I have some truly awesome friends that threw us a baby shower on Friday. My friend made this diaper cake. So cute. Thanks so much for the shower!

Luke and Isaac brought toys over for Andrew. They are such good big brothers. They can't wait until he can play with them!


Here is our cute baby in some of his new clothes. Isn't he the cutest thing EVER!

We are one lucky family!

6 comments:

Susan said...

that's funny about the basket. we did the same thing with noe when she was born for about a week!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

I LOVE the new pictures. The one in the laundry basket with his hands behind his head is SO cute! Thanks for the update. I say it every time, but it's true...my nephews are the cutest boys I've EVER seen!

Kimberly said...

What? How exciting! I didn't think it had been that long since I checked your blog! That is amazing that he was only in the NICU a week. I had one born at 34 and we were there 3 weeks either intubated, or on oxygen almost the whole time! You are so blessed he did so well!

Elizabeth and Brian said...

So cute! We had Elora sleeping in a laundry basket in CA. I am so sorry about the NICU and and glad he was out so soon.
He looks so perfect in your arms!

Kim said...

I love you guys! I can't wait to come and see Andrew!

Stephanie said...

Happy your home, and things are going so well for you guys!