Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st day of 1st grade!


Well, summer is over and school is back in session. Luke was very excited to be going back to school! He wanted to leave about 15 minutes before we had to he was so excited!

Here he is all ready to go! Handsome boy!


The only time he acted nervous was the night before when he said he didn't remember how to get to his classroom. But I was going with him see him off on his first day and to get my pictures, so that made him feel better.

Isaac was a little jealous that Luke was starting school and he isn't yet. He is starting preschool in a few weeks. He also asked several times if Luke was home yet. But he really did fine once we got home and seemed to enjoy being with mom!

More pictures of Luke on his way to his classroom...



Ready to learn!

His teacher's name is Mrs. Struckfess. But he is going to have a substitute for the first 6 weeks of school, Mrs. Money, because Mrs. Stuckfess just adopted a baby boy last week! I thought it was so awesome! I had the chance to talk to her at the Open House and of course told her we are trying to adopt too. She was telling me about when they actually got to take the baby home and she said stuff like "it was so much bigger than us" and "so right." I love that, no matter what your religious affiliation or understanding of eternal families, the spirit is felt in adoptions, each one is a miracle and was supposed to be!

Anyway. when Luke got home he said he had fun, made new friends, and didn't get in trouble! Sounds like a good first day of school to me!

3 comments:

Robin Erickson said...

I think its cute that Luke said "I didn't get into trouble". Life has a way of tempering us. Just as long as it doesns't squash his cute little spirit! Love you all!

Kim said...

Such a cute kid. Isaac's not alone in his school-jealousy. I remember feeling the same way when you went :) I think we have it captured on home video ;)

Mom Box said...

Memories...it seems like yesterday that I was sending you off to first grade...now I'm sending my last one off to her senior year. Enjoy every minute! Cute boys!!!