Friday, October 12, 2012

Cruising to the Bahamas

Tyler and I celebrated our 10th anniversary by going on a cruise to the Bahamas.  It was awesome.  I want to go back.  We had so much fun together enjoying beautiful beaches, yummy food, gorgeous views, sleeping in, and just being together.  

We flew into Orlando, so you know we had to stop at Disney.  We spent a few hours at Downtown Disney before heading to Port Canaveral to catch our boat!

 Here is some of what we did, in no particular order...


Lounged around in comfy hammocks.
 

 Crossed something off Tyler's bucket list by going para-sailing. It was awesome.   



 Lounged around some more on the beach.

 We played a game called, "Who's whiter than Tyler?" I don't think we saw anyone that was. :)

 Our ship, The Monarch of the Seas. 

 Breakfast with a view.  

 Rock climbing wall on the ship.

 

  Picture of a picture from formal night.  It's supposed to be the scene from Titanic.  Which I think is kind of funny.  I mean, they know that ship sunk right?

 Touring a fort on Nassau.  They used these to protect against pirates.  
  

 Enjoyed more beaches.


 Touring Nassau.


 The pic above and below are from the resort Atlantis.  It's super fancy.  Michael Jackson stayed here once in the Presidential Suite. To stay there it will cost you 25,000 a night and you have to book a minimum of 4 nights.  So, next time you have a hundred grand laying around....
Although I can't imagine what could possibly make it worth that much money.

 My hot husband.

 So this Bahamian practically forced us to wear his hat and play his drum, then asked us for a tip.  Unfortunately for him, we didn't have any more cash on us. Also right after this another local tried to sell us "Mary Jane" which apparently is a drug. Seriously, do we look like we do drugs? 

Here is the couple we ate dinner with every night.
 For dinner every night you sit at assigned tables with the same people. (If you want to eat at  a different time you can and you don't sit at an assigned table.) But we ate at our scheduled time and had a good time talking to the couple that we sat with.  They were very nice and we had a lot in common.  His favorite movie is Back to the Future like Tyler's, they aren't big drinkers (so many people on the cruise were just there for the alcohol I think) they are also voting for Mitt Romney (yes, we talked politics) and....THEY WORK AT DISNEYWORLD.  My favorite place in the world! And he said to just email him and he can get us free passes and a huge discount on the hotel. SWEET! We need to start planning our next trip! I am glad we sat by them.  And not just for the Disney thing.  One morning we went to breakfast in the dining room instead of the buffet and they just sit you with whoever gets there when you do.  We were at a table with about 10 other people.  There were two couples sitting with us that kept talking about how drunk they were the night before and the guy was saying how his girlfriend was bored so he just started drinking to entertain her.  And it was funny because there were two other couples at our table that day also celebrating there anniversary's and when we said we were celebrating ours too, they asked, "Which one? 2? 3?"  Ummm, ten! They were surprised.  So we must look really young. :) Or we just got married young. 


It was a WONDERFUL trip. I love you so much Tyler.  Thank you for 10 amazing years. So glad I've got you for eternity.  

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Maybe one year, Casey and I can go with you and we can be table partners. No Disney discount though...maybe shoes?